Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pictures to hold you over

Sorry, no stage 7 today. I used the time in which I would have written the post to instead watch last night's presidential debate. How dare I, right?!

I hope to bring you stage 7 tomorrow, but these next few days will be busy for me--I'll post when I can! In the meantime, maybe you'd like to reread one (all) of the others?

Arrival
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Stage 4
Stage 5
Stage 6

I also have some bonus pictures for you!

Our bus to the start of stage 6 was a double-decker charter bus. Of course the cool kids were on the top level at the back....



Every day, 120 racers visited the rolling johns--complete with a maintenance crew that interrupted the line to clean them every 5 minutes. And then the cans passed us during the race to meet us at the finish.



No, the race caravan definitely did not meet any of the normal standards.


And finally, the norteamericanos were a little bigger than the rest of the field. Sometimes you just gotta get low!


Be patient and check back soon--stage 7 is when the real adventure begins! <dramatic pounding of drums to signal impending excitement>